|Comments on the Colors
Certain colors are
known and it might be well if we here enumerated them. The synthetic ray is indigo, or a
deep blue. It is the Ray of Love and Wisdom, the great fundamental ray of this present
solar system, and is one of the cosmic rays. This cosmic ray divides itself, for purposes
of manifestation, into seven subrays, as follows:
- Indigo... and a color not disclosed.
- Indigo-indigo... The second subray of Love and Wisdom. It finds its great expression on
the second monadic plane, and its major manifestation in the monads of love.
- Indigo-green... The third subray, the third major Ray of Activity or Adaptability. It
is the basic ray of the second system. It is the great ray for the deva evolution.
- Indigo-yellow... The Harmony-Ray.
- Indigo-orange... The Ray of Concrete Knowledge.
- Indigo... and a color not disclosed. The Ray of Devotion.
- Indigo-violet... The Ray of Ceremonial Order.
Now you will note that I do not name the two colors, indigo-red and indigo-blue, nor do
I apportion them to  certain rays or planes. It is not that it is not possible to do
so, but it is the withholding of this information that creates the puzzle. Certain things
you must always remember in dealing with these colors:
- That I have given their exoteric names and application, and that of all I have given
only two correspond with their esoteric application, - indigo and green. The
Synthetic Ray and the Activity Ray are at this stage the only two of which you can be
absolutely assured. One is the goal of endeavor, and the other is the foundation color of
- That the other five colors with which our fivefold evolution is concerned, change,
intermingle, blend, and are not esoterically understood in the same sense as you might
imagine from the use of the words, red, yellow, orange, blue and violet. Esoterically they
scarcely resemble their names, and the names themselves are intended to blind and mislead.
- That each of these three colors and the other two are only understood as yet through
four of their lesser subrays. This is the fourth round and only four subrays of these
colors have as yet been glimpsed. By remembering these three points undue emphasis will
not be laid upon apparent information, and the student will wisely reserve his opinion.
- Yellow is another of the colors that have come to us from system 1. The
blending of blue and of yellow in that system had much to do with the production of
activity. Yellow harmonizes, it marks completion and fruition. Note how in autumn, when
the processes of Nature have run their course and the cycle is complete, the yellow of the
autumn is spread upon the landscape. Note also that when the sun pours unimpeded down the
yellow of the harvest is also to be seen. So it is in the  life of the spirit. When
the fourth plane of harmony or of buddhi is achieved, then is consummation. When the work
of the personality is completed, and when the sun of the microcosm, the Ego, pours
unimpeded down into the personal life, then comes fruition and harvest. The at-one-ment,
or the harmonizing has been made, and the goal has been reached. Blue and yellow blended
result in green, and the synthetic blue or indigo (the love and wisdom aspect) dominates
when the plane of harmony is reached. It leads then to the third plane of atma whereon the
green of activity predominates...