- The Hierarchy of Creative Powers is divided esoterically into seven (4 and 3) within the
Twelve Great Orders.
- Three Hierarchies are - in this greater cycle - of profound significance, the fourth or
human Creative Hierarchy and the two deva Hierarchies, the fifth and the sixth.
- The fourth Creative Hierarchy is in reality the ninth and that is why it is called the
Hierarchy of Initiates. This can be seen by referring to the chart.
- We are told in A Treatise on Cosmic Fire that in the ninth, tenth and eleventh
Hierarchies (counting from the bottom upwards) lies the clue to the nature of Agni, the
Lord of Fire, the sumtotal of systemic vitality.
- Much light can come to the earnest student through a study of the numbers connected with
- The first 5 are regarded as pure abstractions.
- Hierarchy One has the numbers - 6.1.7.
Hierarchy Two has the numbers - 7.2.6.
Hierarchy Three has the numbers - 8.3.5.
Hierarchy Four has the numbers - 9.4.4.
Hierarchy Five has the numbers - 10.5.3.
Hierarchy Six has the numbers - 11.6.2.
Hierarchy Seven has the numbers - 12.7.1.
It is necessary to take note of this as in The Secret Doctrine reference will be
found to the Hierarchies under different numbers. This serves to conceal, but it will also
confuse the student.
- The first four Hierarchies achieved liberation in the first solar system. Their
influence reached our Earth through the medium of the fifth Creative Hierarchy. 
- These are, therefore, related to the four rays which work as minor rays of Attribute
under the great major third Ray of Active Intelligence.
- Pisces is seen at the head of the list of zodiacal signs because it is governing the
present great astrological world cycle of 25,000 years. It was also one of the dominant
signs, influencing our planet at the time of individualization when the human kingdom came
into being. It is basically related to the first or highest Creative Hierarchy which is,
in its turn, related to the third Ray of Active Intelligence. It was the product of the
first solar system. The development of illumination through an awakened intelligence is
the first goal of humanity.
- The fifth Creative Hierarchy (also numbered 8) is on the verge of liberation. It is
peculiarly connected with the tenth Creative Hierarchy, with the constellation Capricorn
and with the human personality which veils and temporarily hides the Christ principle
behind both form and mind. Eight is, under some numerical systems, regarded as the number
of the Christ.
- The Greater Builders and the Lesser Builders, working on the second and third planes of
our solar system, have their activities reflected in the work of the Lunar Lords and the
- You will note that the human Hierarchy (on chart 9-IV-4) is assigned no particular
element as it has to fuse and synthesize them all. This is part of the great tests of
initiation under Scorpio.
- This chart is drawn up in relation only to the fourth Creative Hierarchy, the human. It
is not drawn in relation to the other planetary manifestations.