|29. From this comes the realization of the Self (the
Soul) and the removal of all obstacles.
When the Master
within is known, the assertion of his power becomes increasingly felt, and the aspirant
submits his entire lower nature to the control of that new ruler.
It should be noted here that the eventual complete  removal of all obstacles
transpires after the initial flash of realization. The sequence of happenings is as
- Aspiration after knowledge of the soul,
- Realization of the obstacles, or an understanding of the things which prevent true
- Intellectual comprehension as to the nature of those obstacles,
- Determination to eliminate them,
- A sudden flash or vision of the soul Reality,
- Fresh aspiration and a strong determination to make that fleeting vision a permanent
reality in the lower plane experience,
- The battle of Kurukshetra, with Krishna, the soul, heartening Arjuna, the aspirant, on
to steady and continuous effort. The same thought is to be found in the Old Testament, in
the case of Joshua before the walls of Jericho.
It might be well here to conclude this comment with Sutras 31, 32, 33 and 34, of Book
31. When, through the removal of the hindrances and the purification of all the
sheaths, the totality of knowledge becomes available, naught further remains for the man
32. The modifications of the mind-stuff (or qualities of matter) through the inherent
nature of the three gunas come to an end, for they have served their purpose.
33. Time, which is the sequence of the modifications of the mind, likewise terminates,
giving place to the Eternal Now.
34. The state of isolated Unity becomes possible when the three qualities of matter
(the three gunas or potencies of Nature. A.B.) no longer exercise any hold over the Self.
The pure Spiritual Consciousness withdraws into the One.