|Capricorn - Tenth Sign of the Zodiac
in The Secret Doctrine
- "The Dhyanis were connected with the Crocodile and their abode in
Capricornus." (Vol. I, 239)
- "Capricorn is the 10th sign of the zodiac... and has in it 28 stars."
(Vol. II, 609 and 612)
- "There is a mystic connection between the names Makara and Kumara.
- It means and is connected with the pentagon.
- It represents fivefold man and therefore the five kumaras.
- It is related to the Ocean God.
- It personifies solar fire." (Vol. II, 609-610)
- "Capricorn is connected with the birth of the spiritual microcosm and with the
death of the physical universe." (Vol. II. 612)
- "When the sun passes away behind the 30th degree of Capricorn and will reach no
more the sign Pisces, then the Night of Brahma has come." (Vol. II, 612) 
in A Treatise on Cosmic Fire
mystery of Capricorn is hidden in these five (spiritual man, aspirant, disciple, initiate
and adept) and in the Biblical words 'the sheep and the goats'." (706)
in the history of each scheme, an avatar from the constellation Capricorn appears on
mental levels. This level is the lowest one on which these interplanetary deities appear.
No more can be communicated on this matter. The mystery of the goat lies hidden here. This
avatar makes His appearance in the third round of the third chain and disappears in the
fifth round of the fourth chain." (727)