1. Repeat rapidly
Stage I, taking not more than five minutes in so doing. Lift your consciousness and relate
the head and the heart. Repeat thoughtfully the mantram which eventually leads to the
realization of unity.
2. With the focus of the consciousness then in the head, summon the Will to your aid and
by an act of the will carry the energy focused in the head to the solar plexus. To
facilitate this process, you can use the following formula:
- I am the soul. And also love I am. Above all else I am both will and fixed design.
- My will is now to lift the lower self into the light divine. This light I am.
- Therefore, I must descend to where the lower self awaits my coming. That which desires
to lift and that which cries aloud for lifting are now at-one. Such is my will.
Whilst saying these mantric words (taken from a very ancient disciples' manual) vision
pictorially the process of focusing - demanding - descending and at-one-ing.
3. Pause here and endeavor to feel and sense the initiatory vibration or
embryonic interplay which is being established between the awakened and the awakening
points within the solar plexus. This can be done, but it involves an act of slow
4. Then sound the OM twice from the head center,  knowing yourself to be the soul
which is breathing it forth. Believe this sound, carried on the breath of will and love,
as capable of stimulating the solar plexus in the right way and able to transmute the
lower energies so that they will be pure enough to be carried first of all to the
awakening point and from that point eventually to the heart center.
5. As you vision the energies of the solar plexus being carried up the spine to
the heart center (situated, as you know, between the shoulder blades) I would ask you to
breathe out the 0M again into the solar plexus but this time, having done so, draw the
focused energy up the spine towards the head. The vibration thus established will carry
the energy to the heart, for it has to pass through that center in the spine on its way to
the head. In the early stages that is as far as it may go, but later it will pass through
the heart, leaving its due quota of energy, and finally reach the head center.
6. Then focus yourself in the heart, believing that a triangle of energy has been formed
between the head, the heart and the solar plexus. Vision it then as composed of the energy
of light, something resembling a triangle of neon light. The color of this neon light
so-called will be dependent upon the ray of the soul.
7. Then again repeat the Mantram of Unification, beginning "The sons of men are
8. Standing, therefore, in the center of the heart see the energy of your group brothers
as the radiating spokes of a great wheel of light. This wheel has twenty-four spokes and
at the center of the wheel, like the hub of the wheel, can be found your Master (D.K.).
Then slowly with love, mention aloud the names of each of your group brothers, not
9. Then see this wheel as actively moving and scintillating, and thus serving humanity
through its focused radiation. This radiation is the radiation of love. All the above is
purely symbolic but carried out as a  visualization process for some months -
consistently and consciously - it will create a state of mind and of awareness which will
be enduring because "as a man thinketh, so is he."
10. Then close with the new Invocation and also with the Gayatri, with its emphasis upon
OM OM OM
This meditation process is relatively simple if you familiarize yourself with its
stages for a few weeks. Much of the above is explanatory in nature and can be dispensed
with when you can follow the process automatically.
I will now proceed to give you each your personal, instructions and individual
meditation. This meditation should be done at some time of the day which is not the
time chosen for the group meditation. I do not want the two meditations done together at
the same time, for I do not want your personality problems and your possible glamors to
be interjected into the group consciousness. Beware of doing this because the task of each
of you is hard enough without being complicated by the personal problems of some
distressed brother in the group. In giving you your personal instructions, I shall speak
with complete frankness and shall not spare you either praise or blame. If you resent what
I may say, then it will simply indicate the power of your personality to react
unfavorably to the truth and will consequently point out to you an area of blindness and
of weakness in your consciousness. You will be thereby the gainer and will be able to
grasp somewhat more clearly the nature of the battle which you have to fight.